What Not To Eat During Pregnancy
Giving birth to a newly born child is one of the most beautiful experiences for a woman. However, the process of pregnancy takes the maximum effort. You need to make sure that the baby is taken care of even before it is born.
Having a healthy diet is a very big part of this process. Believe it or not, there are certain foods that should be avoided during the time of pregnancy. It might be because such foods are harmful to the baby or the woman who is pregnant. So, it is really important for a pregnant woman to know what foods she should be avoided during pregnancy.
Foods That Should Be Avoided During Pregnancy
For a safe pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy child, here are the foods that a woman shouldn’t eat during her time of pregnancy.
- Undercooked Meat: Having minced, raw, or undercooked meat can be dangerous for the baby. There is also an added risk that it may have parasites such as toxoplasmosis which is often found in raw meat. So, ensure that your meat is thoroughly cooked before you have it. Also, avoid having pepperoni, salami, ham, and other meats that are served raw.
- Unpasteurized Dairy Products: The supermarkets and the shops sell milk and products that are pasteurized. So, that is a safe option. However, if you live on a farm, then the milk there can be unpasteurized. Having dairy products made from unpasteurized milk can have dangerous effects as there are parasites in there as well. So, make sure that your milk is boiled before you have it.
- Foods That Contain Vitamin A: Livers and products made with liver such as liver sausage are rich with Vitamin A. We all know that taking multi-vitamins is not really a safe option during pregnancy. So, avoid such products as well. Fish liver oils should also be avoided. Too much of the Vitamin A can be harmful to the baby and hence it should be avoided at all costs.
- Certain Cheeses: Cheese products might have listeria in them which is a parasite that can harm the baby. So, it is advised that cheese is completely avoided during pregnancy. Certain cheeses like goat cheese. Soft and ripened cheese, brie and other should be completely off the list as they contain the parasite.
- Raw Eggs: Pregnant women should always have eggs that are fully cooked until the whites and the yolk are completely solid. You shouldn’t have mayonnaise as well as they contain raw eggs. Why is that? Well, eggs often have salmonella in them which can cause food poisoning and can be very harmful to the health of the baby.
- Certain Fishes: Many people recommend that fish is a food that is very healthy for women who are pregnant and they should have it at least twice a day. However, there are some fishes that should be avoided at all costs. Salmon, tuna, mackerel, prawns, and some other fishes should be avoided during pregnancy.
So, these are some of the foods that shouldn’t be consumed during pregnancy. If you avoid these foods and take care of all the other things, then you will have a very healthy baby for sure.